Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: IE wont open How do I download another browser manually if I cant access the web  (Read 3892 times)

shemskitten

Topic Starter

Greenhorn
    • Experience: Beginner
    Hello I have an Inspirion 1100 an older laptop and I use a Belkin wireless connectivity card to access the net or piggy back so to speak. However IE will not come up it just gives me the box stating that it will send an error report. How can I re-download it or another browser manually to access the web?

Quantos

Guru
    • Veni, Vidi, Vici
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Have you tried using a network cable instead of wireless?
    Evil is an exact science.

shemskitten

Topic Starter

Greenhorn
      no I haven't, I can see that I get a signal when I am in the wifi zone but the page wont open at all it just says IE has encountered a problem and needs to close would you like to send microsoft a report

Quantos

Guru
      • Veni, Vidi, Vici
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Computer: Specs
      Have you tried using a network cable instead of wireless?
      Evil is an exact science.

shemskitten

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Ok tried that and it says that I am connected to LAN at 100.00 bps and IE is still doing the same thing giving and error report

Allan

• Mastermind
        Cable or wireless - that has nothing to do with your problem.

You can download and install Firefox if you like, but I'm more interested in why IE won't run. What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?

shemskitten

Topic Starter

Greenhorn
          Hi Allen,

I traded my desktop for it so I am not sure what the last person did Im thinking that it is a virus or trojan that is not being picked up for some reason by the virus software all though I have not had time to fully run it to check it. But How can I download Firefox manually without accessing the net from the computer is there some where I can go to get instructions on that?

Allan

• Mastermind
          Download it on another system (the one you're using now will do) and save it to a usb drive or cd or floppy or whatever medium you like, then copy the file to the problem system and install it. Then we can do a check for malware:

Please follow the instructions in the following link and post your logs in the thread you create (NOT in this thread):
          http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,46313.0.html

shemskitten

Topic Starter

Greenhorn
            Thank you I will try that and let you know how it went