Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer suspends  (Read 2973 times)

addinol

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    Computer suspends
    « on: December 01, 2010, 05:57:45 AM »
    Hey, After installing my network adapter drivers, I'm having a problem with pc, sometimes it just suspends and I can't do anything even move my mouse... nothing helps only restarting :/

Could the problem be in my network adapter ??

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Computer suspends
    « Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 06:04:13 AM »
    Full story please.

addinol

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 07:42:18 AM »
      There is nothing else to say, now I restored my PC to that point when network was connected via USB, and I'm having only 12.0 Mbps internet speed right now, I'll try another network adapter drivers :/

addinol

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 07:58:36 AM »
        Again, my screen just stopped, its after installing VIA Rhine-Family Fast-Ethernet Adapter...

And it seems doesn't stop anymore when LAN Cable is not plugged-in.

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        « Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 08:03:22 AM »
        Sounds like you've installed the wrong drivers...
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

addinol

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2010, 08:12:29 AM »
          I've got VIA Technologies VT6105 Rhine III Fast Ethernet Controller...
          I've got windows xp sp3...
          32 bit operating system...

Installed drivers:
          Windows XP Embedded...
          VT6105M Management Fast Ethernet Controller (Rhine III)...

addinol

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2010, 08:24:33 AM »
            By the way it's all happening after reinstalling windows, I've never before used that Network adapter... It's not integrated, it uses PCI slot... So I bet it would be better to use Integrated ? But... I've searched Drivers for it, and none worked... Could someone help me to get it to work ?

Broadcom BCM440x 10/100 Integrated Ethernet Controller

Allan

• Mastermind
            « Reply #7 on: December 01, 2010, 09:02:47 AM »
            By the way it's all happening after reinstalling windows, I've never before used that Network adapter... It's not integrated, it uses PCI slot... So I bet it would be better to use Integrated ? But... I've searched Drivers for it, and none worked... Could someone help me to get it to work ?

Broadcom BCM440x 10/100 Integrated Ethernet Controller
            That's a lot closer to a full story than your first post. Thought you had nothing else to say.

Allan

• Mastermind
            « Reply #8 on: December 01, 2010, 09:03:58 AM »
            Now start at the beginning. Why did you reinstall Windows? HOW did you reinstall Windows (exactly how)? What drivers did you install after reinstalling Windows and where did you get them?

And anything else you can think of. If you want intelligent help you need to provide COMPLETE details.

addinol

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2010, 09:09:06 AM »
              Oh I reinstalled them because my new sound card was not working... it gave me errors and such things...

I reinstalled to Microsoft Windows XP Professional with SP3. After reinstalling, I've saw that I don't have any my pc driver cd's... So I downloaded Video card drivers, Installed audio drivers from my CD that I got when I bought new audio card. Then I've installed Driver Genius, it found me some other drivers, for USB ports and so on... Also there was Intel chipset driver, but Driver genius wasn't able to download it and it gave me errors, so I think I'm missing it... So to network I connected via USB cable, there is a USB on my modem too... But it only gave me 12.0 mbps max speed...

Allan

• Mastermind
              « Reply #10 on: December 01, 2010, 09:31:28 AM »
              Oh I reinstalled them because my new sound card was not working... it gave me errors and such things...

I reinstalled to Microsoft Windows XP Professional with SP3. After reinstalling, I've saw that I don't have any my pc driver cd's... So I downloaded Video card drivers, Installed audio drivers from my CD that I got when I bought new audio card. Then I've installed Driver Genius, it found me some other drivers, for USB ports and so on... Also there was Intel chipset driver, but Driver genius wasn't able to download it and it gave me errors, so I think I'm missing it... So to network I connected via USB cable, there is a USB on my modem too... But it only gave me 12.0 mbps max speed...
              1) You've done pretty much everything wrong that's possible.
              2) The chipset driver MUST be installed and it should be the first driver installed
              3) NEVER use a third party utility for drivers. Just go to the website of either your computer manufacturer or the card manufacturer to download the latest drivers.
              4) Regarding: Oh I reinstalled them because my new sound card was not working... it gave me errors and such things... --- I have no idea what that means. Didn't we talk about providing complete and accurate information / details?

addinol

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2010, 09:40:20 AM »
                http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,113024.0.html It's all about my sound card, the problems are there...
                I though audio drivers has nothing do with this problem :(

I've got ASUS P4P800-F Motherboard, I've been searching Chipset for it, but I only found these (Which one should I use ?):

addinol

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2010, 07:02:57 AM »
                  Bring up my post ;S