Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: facebook page is blank  (Read 3315 times)

angelintraining

facebook page is blank
« on: December 04, 2010, 05:20:38 AM »
When I try to open facebook the header is visible with the "account icon " and so forth, but the news feed is blank. I can go to yahoo mail, shine food, and other sites with no problem and also go to facebook on other computers. can someone tell me what is causing this?

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: facebook page is blank
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 02:50:27 PM »
Be sure you have the latest Java Script updates from SUN Microsystems, also be sure to have latest MS Updates for ActiveX etc, and be sure to have all FLASH updates from Adobe.com . Facebook uses lots of these features. Also you can try F5 key if the pages fail to load every once in a while to refresh the webpage.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: facebook page is blank
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2010, 04:06:37 PM »
Be sure you have the latest Java Script updates from SUN Microsystems
Java is a statically-typed language designed by sun that compiles to java bytecode and runs in a virtual machine.

JavaScript is the in-browser client-side, dynamically typed language usually used to perform validation on input and provide pointless effects.

Also... I'm not sure if Facebook uses java. (But it's always best to make sure it's up to date, I was having a problem with a java game recently until I updated my virtual machine)

also be sure to have latest MS Updates for ActiveX
I'm fairly certain Facebook doesn't use ActiveX controls. People realized that they were pointless to use in a web page 10 years ago :P Also, you can't really "update" ActiveX, since it's really just COM which is the standard by which components can communicate. You can update the components, of course, but I'm fairly certain that facebook doesn't use them.

Not meaning to "rip" you or anything, of course. The concept of updating is what we're after here.

angleintraining: Which browser are you using?
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.