Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How do I export a Photoshop object with links to Outlook  (Read 5067 times)

greenspokane

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    How do I export a Photoshop object with links to Outlook
    « on: December 06, 2010, 05:52:07 PM »
    I have designed a new Signature to put at the bottom of all of my emails. I have put a facebook and twitter icon logo that link to my page. If I make it a smart object and layer base slice it to export it, I lose the links. What is the best way to take this picture I have created with multiple links and get it into Outlook? I use Photoshop CS3.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: How do I export a Photoshop object with links to Outlook
    « Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 06:16:04 PM »
    Can yup please re state your objective?
    This is to be a signature you use when sending mail from Outlook or do you mean Outlook Express?
    The signature is  a logo from Photo Shop and has been made into a smart object by Photo Shop? It has multiple links?

You  post is hard to understand. Are you doing something that should be simple, or are you trying to do something very strange.?

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    « Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 05:39:51 AM »
    This is to be a signature you use when sending mail from Outlook or do you mean Outlook Express?
    Well when they say "Outlook", I assume they mean Outlook and not Outlook Express.

The signature is  a logo from Photo Shop and has been made into a smart object by Photo Shop? It has multiple links?
    Yes, and?

greenspokane

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 10:53:29 AM »
      Sorry very poorly worded. I have an oval picture with a facebook and twitter link and my name and address on it that I designed in Photoshop. The only way I know how to make the pictures into links is the slice the picture and link the individual slices. When I do this it splits the oval picture into multiple optimized pictures. Microsoft Outlook you can't host these pictures in a location to retrieve them (unless I am mistaken). So when I try to import the picture into the bottom of my email I am hitting a road block. Does that make more sense? Any suggestions?

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      « Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 03:10:02 PM »
      OK, Now I am seeing it. I am a little slow.

An experiment.
      Try this link:
      http://geek9pm.com/funny-logo.gif
      That will show a picture. That is all.
      Now this link:
      http://geek9pm.com/page-test/
      Looks the same but upon mouse over click it opens a new window. (Close tabs or windows tans when done.)

I think what you want is the logo that behaves link the last link above.

Sorry, I do not know how is done as a Smart Object. I don't have Photo Shop. I used another program that creates a HTML file.

Maybe somebody else can tell how.

greenspokane

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 03:14:44 PM »
        I have been able to create an html document out of it and open it in a browser, like you did with the second one, but I am unable to get it into Microsoft Outlook. The only thing that I have been able to do that gets close it opening it in a browser and copying and pasting it into Microsoft Outlook, but the image is then split up where it was sliced and doesn't appear as one image. Any thoughts?