Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: anyone know about apples airport extreme base station  (Read 2791 times)

seejake

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    anyone know about apples airport extreme base station
    « on: December 12, 2010, 08:38:11 PM »
    I'm trying to set up my home network, and i thought i was pretty computer savy but i guess im an idiot, cause i'm not getting something right

seejake

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      Re: anyone know about apples airport extreme base station
      « Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 08:50:23 PM »
      so heres the long and short of it
      I have an awesome mac, the latest greatest i mac!! i want to set up a net work through my pad! i have the airport extreme and 2 airport expresses so i can use the whole airtunes thing

I have cable internet coming from the wall to the modem, then an either net cable going from the modem to the first slot on the airport extreme base station labed wan port

i then have an eithernet cable going to the back of my computer from the the first eithernet port.

i try the whole set up thing through airport utility, I'm really good a following directions and follow them to the T, no matter how i try to set up the connection, the only way i can use it if i choose no security option (which i'm not a fan of but its the only way it's letting me get internet access)

so there are many dcph/manual/isp/router/ all of there connection numbers that it asks me for it says i need to get them from my internet company, but i never did before and it worked, no why do i have to call them.?  and then when i chose the no security option it lets me!! so now what i don't need to contact them with no security?

it's kind of a mess, and they make it out to be ohh it so easy just hook it up and go?