Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: What happend to my Open-with? :(  (Read 2424 times)

deargodpleasehelp

What happend to my Open-with? :(
« on: December 11, 2010, 01:31:59 AM »
Hi, I've been using Windows 7 x64 bit for a while now, I've been using AVG until something went wrong (can't remember, wanted me to update but couldn't) So I uninstalled that and installed Avast Antivirus on my PC.

Well, I really don't know, but for files that I'm supposed to right-click, and open-with for files that have multiple applications to open with, it isn't shown any more in my context menus!!  :'( What happend to it?

Can anybody help me please?

I'm puzzled more than a puzzled geek can be.

I've checked the windows registry (despite having fact I had NO IDEA what I'm looking for);
and found nothing I could help...

Can anybody help me on this one?

A .reg file or command I have to run?

A registry key perhaps maybe I need to execute??

Someone help me please!!! I just want my context menus back to normal, is that too hard to figure out? I mean surely you nerds out there are smarter than me, can't you give me a clue?? Sure I may be only experienced, but this puzzled me completely.

What should I look for in the registry?
Do I need to add a custom registry key to re-enable something??

Did Microsoft Remove Open-with from Windows 7???  :o :-X :'(

I seriously doubt they would do such a thing like remove Open-with function from Windows like that... I mean how could they.. If not, then Alright I know now that this is probably a virus or something on my computer...

I just don't know, to be honest!! No clue whatsover... Anybody? Please?? It would be much, much help if someone could help me please... THANKS!!!!!!
 :'( ;)

JJ 3000

Egghead
  • Experience: Familiar
Save a Life!
Adopt a homeless pet.
http://www.petfinder.com/