Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: deadly virus  (Read 2549 times)

uk.m

Topic Starter

Rookie

deadly virus
    « on: November 04, 2010, 01:27:55 PM »
    my system was attacked by a strange virus from the internet.i downloaded some files from from the internet,on getting to the system,it all became a shortcut.my antivirus on the system is out of date so i uninstalled it.i can no longer install the new one i downloaded because every thing on my flash appear as a shortcut.please i need help.i run windows xp using desktop.

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: deadly virus
    « Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 01:43:41 PM »
    Please follow the instructions in the following link and post your logs in the thread you create (NOT in this thread):
    http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,46313.0.html

uk.m

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 11:12:07 AM »
      i just want to thank computerhope for fixing my problem.i love this site and hope to contribute to it in the nearest future.

Allan

• Mastermind
      « Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 11:20:23 AM »
      You're most welcome. Thanks for the post and we're delighted your problem is solved.

uk.m

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2010, 11:21:41 AM »
        i have something little.when my computer starts,the keyboard doesn't start with it.i do not really know why.i just have to remove the keyboard and then slot it back before it can work.can anything be done to help this issue.

Allan

• Mastermind
        « Reply #5 on: December 12, 2010, 11:25:58 AM »
        Please start a new thread with your question. When you do, please provide all details (ie, Operating System, type of keyboard connection, whether this just started or if it's always done this - and if it just started what led up to it, if it's an aftermarket keyboard, etc.)