Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: can't completely eliminate comodo file.  (Read 3539 times)

Thrifty

can't completely eliminate comodo file.
« on: December 14, 2010, 07:49:12 PM »
I went to one of your answers but didn't seem to apply. when I click to delete comodo file it gives me an Error Deleting File:
cannot delete CAVshell.dll: access denied
make sure the disk is not full or write protected and that the file is not in use.

--------well, I am not using a disk and I don't know how to check if it is write protected. it is not in use that I know of.
I am not computer savvy so if you have a solution I need step by step procedure. thanks for any help.

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: can't completely eliminate comodo file.
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 08:52:11 PM »
What exactly are you trying to do?
Uninstall Comodo?
What Windows version?

QuestComputerSolutions

Greenhorn

• Yes
    • QuestComputerSolutions.com
  • Experience: Expert
Re: can't completely eliminate comodo file.
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 09:28:23 AM »
The error that you are experiencing is usually as a result of the file currently being in use (i.e. Comodo is currently running on your computer).

If you currently have Comodo installed on your computer it should be uninstalled by going to Control Panel-->Add or Remove Programs.

By using Add or Remove programs it will remove Comodo (the program) and usually most files associated with it from your computer.

Alternatively, you should be able to remove the file if you log into Windows in Safe Mode. Safe Mode bypasses the loading of non-integral system processes. In safe mode you should be able to remove the file. Warning: When removing files in Safe Mode make sure that the file is not integral to your computers Operating System. The removal of certain system files will result in you being unable to boot into the Windows Operating System.