Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: windows live mail  (Read 2161 times)

ivanoe

Topic Starter

Hopeful
    windows live mail
    « on: December 14, 2010, 03:08:44 AM »
    Good Morning to all . my problem is live mail doesn't work,i am on windows 7 i use sky emails but i set it up so i could quickly use live mail ,instead of going through my sky mail procedure.and it worked ,until recently i had a problem on my computer with missing browsers /lost pages ,etc etc.so i reinstalled windows 7.now my live mail will not work,i have tried resetting my account.but every time i turn on it asks me for my p/word i put it in it asks again,and again so on and so on.i can't send or rcieve mail ,but if i go on a web site and click contact on their e mail address it brings it up in live mail .which is no good .can uninstall windows live mail.

reddevilggg

Expert

• Experience: Beginner
    Re: windows live mail
    « Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 03:29:36 AM »

I had a problem with this also. With Windows Live Essentials 2010 installed my msn messenger stoppped working. It would send messages but not recieve, so in uninstalled it. I'm running Windows 7 too.
    11 cheers for binary !

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: windows live mail
    « Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 09:30:40 AM »
    ivanoe, I believe some of your facts are not correct.  Window Live Mail (WLM), i.e. the free software that comes from Microsoft, is not part of a new Windows 7 installation.  WLM must be downloaded and installed.  You said you reinstalled windows 7.  This means you would have to reinstall WLM since it's not integrated into Windows 7. 

So, after you reinstalled Windows AND reinstalled WLM, you would have needed to create your email account in WLM.  WLM makes creating new accounts easy.  In most cases, you can simply enter your email address and email account password and then WLM will find the POP and SMTP coding, port #s for sending and receiving, etc. and automatically complete the account setup. The user can override this automatic method and manually setup up the account.  Also, you could have exported your email account from WLM before you reinstalled Windows and then imported the email account after reinstalling Windows and WLM.  So, exactly what have you done and how?