Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Xp will boot but get blank screen after  (Read 3345 times)

bamoreballer

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Xp will boot but get blank screen after
    « on: December 15, 2010, 09:41:26 AM »
    I have a HP Mini 110 Netbook with Windows XP. I tried to reboot in safe mode but it will stop half way. I tried rebooting with the last known good configuration and it give me a blue screen. I can not read the blue screen because it tries to reboot the computer.
    Does anyone have any idea of what is causing this or what to do to fix it? I really do not want to reformat my computer and lose everything on it.

Thanks

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Xp will boot but get blank screen after
    « Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 09:42:30 AM »
    What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?

bamoreballer

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 09:49:07 AM »
      My kids were on the computer and accidently deleted Roxio back on track software. When I seen it being deleted, I turned the computer off. After that, nothing has worked.

Allan

• Mastermind
      « Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 10:34:26 AM »
      Okay. In the future please give all relevant information in your FIRST post. We're going to try two things. First is the easier:

Boot to the XP CD and choose the FIRST repair option. This will take you to the recovery console. Once there, run chkdsk /r - it will take a while to complete - allow it to do so. You'll know when it's finished. If that doesn't solve the problem then:

Boot to the XP CD and do a repair install (this time choose the SECOND repair option & allow XP to reinstall on top of itself). Done properly, a repair installation will not effect installed programs or settings. Once done, you'll need to go to Windows Update and redownload all updates.

bamoreballer

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 10:55:38 AM »
        Thanks but got one more question. Is there anyway I can boot the windows xp from a flash drive? I have the cd but no external cd rom.

Allan

• Mastermind