Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Desperate  (Read 2156 times)

Joselande Simon

Desperate
« on: August 09, 2005, 11:22:27 AM »
Hello all, I'm apoligizing forehand just in case if someone already asked this question but I don't know what to search for to be able to pin point it.

Here's the problem. I'm running a Windows XP home with 1 gig ram and I forget what everything else is at the moment.
When this problem happened the computer froze 2 times the first time I was running windows movie maker the second I finished restarting and was about to check my email when the mouse locked up. I thought it was a heat related issue so I took off the side and top panel and restarted, the fans were working properly. The I turned the computer back on and I heard this 2 second lone beep and the monitor won't display anything and the numlock stays lit on the keyboard. I know I didn't touch anything on the inside, and all the wires are still in the same places. the fans are still moving at their normal speeds.
I hoped I gave enough detail. Please help me ='(

Raptor

Re: Desperate
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2005, 12:34:17 PM »
What BIOS is used?

Joselande Simon

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2005, 12:44:41 PM »
I have no idea what BIOS is ???
no worries i fixed it. ^O^
I took out the piece that the monitor port is on and blew some dust off. so now it works ;D
you can still explain what BIOS is though ;)

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2005, 12:52:35 PM »
Learn more about the BIOS and what beep code means by studying the following articles:

Additional information on computer POST / Beep Codes.
Computer BIOS information and help

merlin_2

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2005, 03:35:08 PM »
Maybe the serial plug was loose!