Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How many hours does it take on average to....  (Read 3357 times)

Simcidy

How many hours does it take on average to....
« on: August 08, 2005, 12:17:15 PM »
Clean a system with adware, malware, and a few low level viruses, and restore Internet Explorer functionality.

Install a OS from scratch as well as 4 or 5 business apps and then configure the default user templete for all users that log into the machine.

To install PDA sync software and then configure it to sync with online conectiveity services as well as syncing to office e-mail using third party software.

Raptor

Re: How many hours does it take on average to....
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2005, 12:19:06 PM »
I never timed that. Is this a homework question? Why not try for yourself..

Simcidy

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2005, 12:24:09 PM »
I do.  However I am VERY destrubed by how long it takes me and I am courious what the average or aprox time others allow for this type of work.

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2005, 12:27:45 PM »
1. Clean a system with adware, malware, and a few low level viruses, and restore Internet Explorer functionality.

2. Install a OS from scratch as well as 4 or 5 business apps and then configure the default user templete for all users that log into the machine.

3. To install PDA sync software and then configure it to sync with online conectiveity services as well as syncing to office e-mail using third party software.

1. Heavily depends on how stubborn the viruses are and if I can get my hands on the proper software. An hour or two if the user-abuse was heavy and the baddies plenty.

2. At least an hour. Also depending on the OS being installed and the speed of the computer.

3. Never done the latter, but installing the software takes less than a minute. I doubt that connecting it, given that you have the right information, takes more than 5 minutes.

Simcidy

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2005, 12:31:53 PM »
Thanks for the input.  I find that to Install Windows 2000, all service packs and updates takes almost 3-4 hours.  Is this common?

Raptor

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2005, 12:42:27 PM »
If you download them from Microsoft, yes.

Microsoft seems to only give me 33kb/s and occasionally, after certain updates have been installed, it will suddenly go with <1 Mbps.

Mac

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2005, 01:19:47 PM »
Thanks for the input.  I find that to Install Windows 2000, all service packs and updates takes almost 3-4 hours.  Is this common?

Not if the latest service packs has been slipstreamed with the original CD and a new CD produced.

Restoring is easier if you have a good drive image to restore with.