Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Hard Drive memory Problem. Swindle or stupidity??  (Read 3348 times)

daniel888

Hard Drive memory Problem. Swindle or stupidity??
« on: December 19, 2010, 05:10:49 PM »
I recently purchased a new desktop with a hard drive which is suppose to be ' 1TB 3.5" 32MB cache'. I went to check on my local drive(:C) and it said i only have 148 GB capacity. can some explain why this is so?? have i been swindled out of my 1TB or am i just stupid and missed something???

While i am also here, my graphics card is suppose to be a  ATI HD770 1GB DDR but checked the system hardware and it was a ATI HD700 series....
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 05:45:38 PM by daniel888 »

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Hard Drive memory Problem. Swindle or stupidity??
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 08:28:30 PM »
my graphics card is suppose to be a  ATI HD770 1GB DDR but checked the system hardware and it was a ATI HD700 series
HD770 IS "700" series.

As for hard drive, I don't believe, they sell new desktops with such a small drive.

• Go to Piriform's website, and click the big button. Next, click Download from Piriform.com (the FileHippo link requires an extra click). Or if you want to use a portable version of Speccy (which doesn't require installation), click the builds page link and download the portable version. You will now be asked where you want to save the file. The best place to put it is the Desktop, as it will be easy to find later.
  • After the file finishes downloading, you are ready to run Speccy. If you downloaded the installer, simply double-click on it and follow the prompts until installation is complete. If you downloaded the portable version, you will need to unzip it before use. Right-click the ZIP file and click Extract all. Click Next. Open up the extracted folder and double-click on Speccy.
  • Once inside Speccy, it will look similar to this (with your computer's specifications, of course):

Now, at the top, click File > Publish Snapshot You will see the following prompt:

Click Yes , then Copy to Clipboard

Now, right-click on any empty space in your reply box and click Paste.

You have just posted your specs!
[/list]