Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: shop script help please  (Read 2892 times)

steven2805

Topic Starter

Rookie

shop script help please
    « on: December 30, 2010, 12:05:27 PM »
    Hey there, am pulling my hair out at the moment as I have been set the task of creating an online shop using "shop script" however am completely stuck it's just not working it's error after error and it's rea;y stating the bug the *censored* out of me.

now am not to sure where to start so here goes.

I have easyPHP installed, IIS, Apache 2.2 and PHP5
    Now as far as settings go most were default however I would love to just wipe my computer and start again (but don't real have the time for that)

going to web browser and typing localhost/install.php displays a page of code which is no good. This leads me to think there is some setting in EasyPHP that I have to change but what !!!

Any help would be great as this is my first time jumping on to the web creating proccess I am mainly on the hardware side.
    Thank you

rockerest

Hopeful
      • Yes
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: shop script help please
    « Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 05:37:16 PM »
    Your symptoms are extremely vague, making real help difficult to provide.

The errors you are encountering would help, as they would point to the problem PHP is having.

I have zero experience with the product you mentioned, and next to no experience with my own PHP installs (I let Apache handle those things when I hosted my own, and now I let my hosting provider handle it).  However, my gut instinct says that, since you're using IIS, it's a directory permission problem.

Either IIS isn't set up properly, or PHP doesn't have permissions to certain directories, or some effed up combination of those and a billion other things that could go wrong on a Windows install.

tl;dr: What are the errors you're getting?

-rock
    In general, the PEBKAC.  Whether it's now or was three weeks ago, the PEBKAC.
    Unsafe browsing and general computer / internet illiteracy IS the users problem.  Don't have sex if you don't know how to use a condom.
    Also, there are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.