Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: LCD Monitor display  (Read 1971 times)

Marcules13

LCD Monitor display
« on: December 22, 2010, 10:53:40 PM »
I have a Dell 20" monitor that came with the Dell Dimension C521 computer i bought a few years ago, and the monitor is now malfunctioning.
It started as just minor flickering in brightness once in a while, and a simple turn off/turn on was enough to fix it, until it eventually shut off completely. I tried turning it off and on again, replacing the cable, attempting on separate computers but it all ends up with the monitor not displaying anything.
However, I've noticed that if I turn it on, it stays on for ~3 seconds and then turns off as it auto-detects the input, and displays "Auto Detect (Analog Input)" for that 3 seconds. This has led me to believe that it may be the back light that has malfunctioned.

Any help on this situation would be very appreciated, and thank you in advance

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: LCD Monitor display
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 11:43:03 PM »
Well, you said any help.
I have not experience with repair of LCD monitors. CRTs I do.
But if I was going try, I would try Google searches to see what others have done.
Some claim it is easy.
Seek and ye shall find.
How to Repair an LCD Monitor
I don't understand why the dog is in there, maybe he broke it.

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 05:46:47 AM »
Try a different display. If it works, the first one needs to be repaired or replaced. If the second one doesn't work, it may be the video card.

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 09:43:16 AM »
I don't understand why the dog is in there, maybe he broke it.
Huh?   ???

The internal power supply in LCD monitors sometimes fail.  That might be the problem with your monitor.  As Allan, said, try a different monitor.  Or, try your monitor on a different computer.