Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Webcam video is upside down  (Read 23311 times)

amo1968

Topic Starter

Rookie

Webcam video is upside down
    « on: December 23, 2010, 08:32:28 AM »
    I have been trolling the web trying to find out the solution to my webcam showing my video broadcast as upside down. I have had this laptop for 2 years now and I fixed the problem when I got it, but I am unable to remember how I fixed it, and I had to reinstall my OS recently. I have tried searching for drivers etc without success. When recording a video message in MSN messenger the video shows as upside down.

Asus G50VT (best buy)
    Vista 64 bit
    Webcam USB 2.0 1.3m UVC
    Driver 6.0.6001.18000
    date 6/21/06

If there is any other information that may help please let me know. I have not been able to find a program on my laptop that will allow me into camera settings to adjust to "flip" the picture. Any ideas please??

Thank you for your time!!

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Webcam video is upside down
    « Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 09:01:56 AM »
    The web cam flips over or has a swivel.

Salmon Trout

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 10:42:17 AM »
    In Messenger, check the camera settings for a checkbox for "Invert Image" or "Mirror Vertical."

amo1968

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 10:56:49 AM »
      The web cam is built into the laptop unfortunately so cant swivel it around :(. I tried the messenger edit webcam settings but there is no "invert" anymore.

Is there another program available that would allow me to correct and invert the picture through the webcam?

Thank you for the replies!! :)

amo1968

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2010, 02:20:48 PM »
        I cant thank you enough!!! The third link fixed the problem!!! I dont know why I didnt see that when I trolled their forums!

Thank you so much again!! Awesome input and help!!!

:D