Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Router bad or setting wrong  (Read 2298 times)

thammondwis

Topic Starter

Beginner

Router bad or setting wrong
    « on: December 26, 2010, 09:06:16 PM »
    I am trying to troubleshoot a router/DSL problem and hope someone can help.

Some background.  I have a desktop running XP hard wired to a Lynxsys WRT54G router and a laptop running XP connected via wireless.  I have ATT DSL.  The DSL modem is a Wesatell but don't see a model number listed on it.  The modem is connected to the router.  Everything has been working OK for a while.  I started having problems with 2 days ago when someone tried to connect to my wireless with a different laptop computer and could not access the internet.  I then tried on my destop and could not get connected.  I had been running the modem in "bridge?" mode and running router in PPOE? mode.

I then conacted ATT support and eventually determined that the DSL modem was working OK, but changed the modem to PPOE? mode in the process.  I can connect to the internet when a computer is directly connected to the modem but not when it is connected via the router.  I have done a bit of different settings with the DSL in both Bidged? and PPOE? mode and tried different corresponding settings on the router but nothing has worked.

I have read various problems about ipconfig problems between modem and router which seems to sound like the issue I have, but none of the solutions that I read about have worked for me.

I appear to still have network file and print sharing connectivity between my two computers but can't seem to get the router modem to connect.

uPokerBrat

Rookie
      • Experience: Expert
      Re: Router bad or setting wrong
      « Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 07:03:46 AM »
      maybe retry to reset the router and network settings back to default ?
      Жизнь трудна, но иногда приходится сталкиваться и перейти в разы. Вещи будет трудно в этом мире, и вы должны ударить ваши проблемы на голову, хотя там трудно.