Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Annoying OE popup  (Read 2490 times)

alandbailey

Annoying OE popup
« on: December 26, 2010, 08:08:53 AM »
I keep getting OE popups asking me to compact my email folders. When I finally give in, after a while it states it cannot action one area. I keep on pressing the cancel  or delete key. It goes away and returns later.
How can I inactivate this please?  ???

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Annoying OE popup
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2010, 08:33:05 AM »
Well, the ultimate solution here is to figure out what's causing OE to choke on that one folder.  Does OE actually stop at that point and does it just display a message saying it cannot compact a particular folder and then proceed on to the next folder?  Can you post a screen print of the message OE displays when it's compacting and gets to that point where it stops?  Do you have a large number of messages and/or messages with huge attachments of photos embedded in them, in the folder that's causing OE to display the message? 

Compacting is a normal OE procedure; by default, it will start upon every 100th closing of OE.  Again, you should try to resolve the underlying cause, not circumvent the procedure.

Note: I'll be away from my computer much of the day today but will check back here later.