Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows won't load  (Read 39758 times)

overthehill

Topic Starter

Apprentice

• Keep Canada beautiful. Swallow your beer cans.
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: Windows won't load
« Reply #90 on: January 11, 2011, 08:24:12 AM »

I'm really not sure what's going on here.
Possibly some more serious problems (motherboard?).Is there any file mentioned there?

Hi Broni. I'm certainly not sure whether or not this means anything but the rest of the message as I recall is only warnings and such. overthehill

Technical info *** STOP; 0x000000D1 (0x0000000C,0x00000005,0x00000001,0xF7323AEB)
***  atapi.sys - Address F7323AEB base at E731C000,DateStamp 3b5e3711

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #91 on: January 11, 2011, 10:36:57 AM »
atapi.sys is a IDE/ATAPI Port driver, which basically controls your drives, CD drive included.
Since I know nothing about RAID, I'm not sure, if it has something to do here, or not.
Try the same OTLPE CD on another working computer and see, if it'll fully boot.

overthehill

Topic Starter

Apprentice

• Yes
    • Yes
« Reply #92 on: January 11, 2011, 11:17:36 AM »
atapi.sys is a IDE/ATAPI Port driver, which basically controls your drives, CD drive included.
Since I know nothing about RAID, I'm not sure, if it has something to do here, or not.
Try the same OTLPE CD on another working computer and see, if it'll fully boot.
Thanks Broni. I tried it my everyday PC and it appears fine. I'll be away this afternoon but when I get back I'm going to take the CD drive that's questionable and see if it works in the "Old Dell". Perhaps I'm wrong but if that drive works in the Dell but not the HP, then I'll have to suspect the motherboard. If it doesn't work there either, I think that I'll '' just throw up my hands?" Either way ,I'll get back to you then. overthehill

Broni

Mastermind
    • Computer Help Forum
« Reply #93 on: January 11, 2011, 11:22:11 AM »
No problem :)

overthehill

Topic Starter

Apprentice

• Yes
    • Yes
« Reply #94 on: January 11, 2011, 07:36:42 PM »
Thanks Broni. I tried in it my everyday PC and it appears fine. I'll be away this afternoon but when I get back I'm going to take the CD drive that's questionable and see if it works in the "Old Dell". Perhaps I'm wrong but if that drive works in the Dell but not the HP, then I'll have to suspect the motherboard. If it doesn't work there either, I think that I'll '' just throw up my hands?" Either way ,I'll get back to you then. overthehill
Well Broni I tried the questionable CD drive(from HP) in the Dell and it doesn't work there either. And the good drive(from the Dell) doesn't want to work properly in the HP. I'm thinking that we've given this old (HP) PC more attention than it probably deserves. As suggested earlier it could be a problem with the mobo or ?. I've confirmed that the CD drive is shot, haven't been able to get any movement at any time from the mouse and it couldn't have been a very expensive unit in the first place. I'll think I'll save the IDE cables, the HD drive and a few incidentals and send it on it's way. Don't know if they make such a thing? but the info. on the PSU indicates that it's a 165 W. Do they actually make them that small? If in fact that's correct, won't need that. Anyway, I started out hoping to save my daughters files, and with help I was able to do this. From what we've encountered to date , I'm thinking that putting this thing out to pasture is probably the way to go. Would you not agree? overthehill

Broni

Mastermind
    • Computer Help Forum
« Reply #95 on: January 11, 2011, 09:15:45 PM »
That's probably the only choice at this point...

overthehill

Topic Starter

Apprentice

• Yes
    • Yes
« Reply #96 on: January 11, 2011, 09:45:44 PM »
That's probably the only choice at this point...
OK will do. I sure want to thank you for all the time and effort that you put into this ordeal. Like I mentioned, the main objective was to save the files which I was able to do with help. Also for me it was another learning experience,( just hope that this "old fella" can remember some of it ::)  ).  I also want to thank all that contributed in this thread. Great people and the help was very much appreciated. overthehill

Broni

Mastermind
    • Computer Help Forum
« Reply #97 on: January 11, 2011, 10:18:39 PM »
You're very welcome