Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Win7 Won't Recogize USB2.0  (Read 2760 times)

UncleAaron

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Beginner
    Win7 Won't Recogize USB2.0
    « on: December 28, 2010, 05:54:17 PM »
    I have Win7 64-bit OS, and I've had the software on my PC for my Samsung Phone for quite some time. I haven't used the program for a while, and when I hook up my phone to the USB port, a balloon comes up and says "Installing device driver." After a few seconds it comes back saying: "Cannot install driver for this device." I'm using the same port that I used when I first installed the software for the phone.

When I load Device Manager there is a yellow triangle with a " ! " and is labeled "Mobile USB Modem 1.0" and is listed under "Other devices." All ports on the computer are USB 2.0 compatible. I have tried several times to uninstall and plug in the device so that Win7 can detect the hardware to no avail.

Win7 is up-to-date with all Windows Updates. I cannot understand why all-of-a-sudden it won't recognize the device.  >:(

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    Re: Win7 Won't Recogize USB2.0
    « Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 06:36:42 PM »
    Did you used the software/installer for your Samsung phone on the same OS(win 7) and worked? Have you tried looking up on your BIOS for any USB controller settings? If certain features are on your BIOS settings such as IRQ to USB(from enable to disable), USB Device Legacy Support(enabling), Reset Config Data then you could change either settings and save  and exit. You could also try replacing the software on your phone's support site. 
    « Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 07:01:21 PM by jason2074 »

UncleAaron

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 07:02:46 PM »
      I looked on my BIOS and all the ports are "enabled." Even the ones that have nothing attached to them. I did not see anything about USB Device Legacy Support.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
      « Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 07:02:53 PM »
      You could also see here --> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927524

UncleAaron

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 07:41:56 PM »
        I downloaded the software, again. Installed it, and now Win7 recognizes the device. Weird!

Problem solved. Thanks Jason!