Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Creating an USB bootable Pen-Drive .  (Read 3662 times)

DrBhaiyya

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Creating an USB bootable Pen-Drive .
« on: December 30, 2010, 08:14:14 PM »
My Compaq  Mini  Laptop ( Model No :  110C-1100 ) does not have an internal  DVD RW ; the  OS  has  got  corrupted. I  wish to install an  OS  afresh  . I have  been  told,  that  you  can  do  this  by  using  a  USB  bootable  Pen-Drive.  I  have  a  4GB  pen-drive ( a  flash drive ).  How  to  create  a  bootable  Pen-Drive  ?  Will  somebody  guide  me  ?  Thanks  in  advance .  Please  help .--  Dr. JOSHI.
DrBhaiyya

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
Re: Creating an USB bootable Pen-Drive .
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 09:09:47 PM »
You will need the cd/dvd rom to copy the OS files to a USB by using either an external drive or used another computer to perform the task.
http://www.intowindows.com/bootable-usb/
http://www.raymond.cc/blog/archives/2007/10/16/how-to-make-a-usb-flash-drive-bootable/

DrBhaiyya

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Yes
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 07:06:31 AM »
Thanks-Mr-Jason2074-!--My-problem-has-not-been-solved.My-desktop-pc-has-DVD-RW-and-Have-a-4GB-PEN-DRIVE.-I-also-have-a-genuine-MS-Windows-XP-Home-&-Student-CD-with-me.-By-using-these-three-can-I-COPY-THE-Windows-XP-CD-to-the-Pendrive-?--If-this-can-be-done,-I-will-be-able-to-Install-the"Windows"-to
my-laptop-which-does-not-have-an-inbuilt-CD-or-DVD-Rom.
Please-guide-me-step-by-step-as-to-how-I-could-copy-the-Windows-CD-to-my-Pendrive-(Flash-Drive-)
Thanks-again-!
DrBhaiyya

Salmon Trout

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 09:14:04 AM »
Thanks-Mr-Jason2074-!--My-problem-has-not-been-solved.My-desktop-pc-has-DVD-RW-and-Have-a-4GB-PEN-DRIVE.-I-also-have-a-genuine-MS-Windows-XP-Home-&-Student-CD-with-me.-By-using-these-three-can-I-COPY-THE-Windows-XP-CD-to-the-Pendrive-?--If-this-can-be-done,-I-will-be-able-to-Install-the"Windows"-to
my-laptop-which-does-not-have-an-inbuilt-CD-or-DVD-Rom.
Please-guide-me-step-by-step-as-to-how-I-could-copy-the-Windows-CD-to-my-Pendrive-(Flash-Drive-)
Thanks-again-!

Why do you place a hyphen between each pair of words? This is not correct, and makes your post annoying to read, and reduces the chance of getting useful advice.  ::)

DrBhaiyya

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Yes
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 06:25:10 AM »
Sorry to have troubled you . There was some prob with the 'Space bar' on my keyboard, and I wanted to post my querrt fast; therefore the 'hyphens' I have changed the 'keyboard' . Hope, you will excuse me and guide me in my prob.
DrBhaiyya

Salmon Trout