Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Word problem  (Read 2788 times)

dkaufman11

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Word problem
    « on: January 03, 2011, 06:22:39 AM »
    I wonder if anyone can help.  I know this is probably something easy, but I a document that is just over one page long.  It looks terrible.  I've tried making the lettering smaller, but that doesn't look good also.  Any ideas?

talontromper

Hopeful
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: Word problem
    « Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 06:33:41 AM »
    Are you wanting to make it fit onto one page? If so you can increase your margin size of the document or shink the text by lowering the font size you tried that. Have you tried a different text style?
    "One does not discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time." - Andre Gide

Slade

Hopeful

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 07:00:02 AM »
      Are you attempting too print it an shows that way too?  There should be a fit too one page before issuing the print.  Also, check the
      spaces before an after the paragraphs, it should be about mid way on the home tab.  ;)

soybean

Genius
      • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 08:25:07 AM »
      Also, check the
      spaces before an after the paragraphs, it should be about mid way on the home tab.  ;)
      I believe you are referring to Word 2007 but you should state what version you're referring to so that your post is clear.  We have no idea what version of Word he's using.  If it's a version preceding Word 2007, then your comment would make no sense.

Also, if Word 2007 is the version being used here, some additional description of the feature by you would be helpful.  Your comment was very vague about what feature you're talking about.   I believe you're talking about the Line Spacing button on the Home tab but your post is not clear on this.

Slade

Hopeful

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 09:03:56 AM »
        I believe you are referring to Word 2007 but you should state what version you're referring to so that your post is clear.  We have no idea what version of Word he's using.  If it's a version preceding Word 2007, then your comment would make no sense.

Also, if Word 2007 is the version being used here, some additional description of the feature by you would be helpful.  Your comment was very vague about what feature you're talking about.   I believe you're talking about the Line Spacing button on the Home tab but your post is not clear on this.

Didn't think of 03 or 02,  :-X  Its been a while since I done alot of stuff with 07 but, that's probably what it is.  Also, as indicated this will only apply too Ver 07

dkaufman11

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
          « Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 01:18:16 PM »
          Thank you all.  I found the page setup and I changed the margin from the 1.25" down to 1".  Didn't realize you could do that.