Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: windows old problems  (Read 2542 times)

windows old problems
« on: January 04, 2011, 09:10:22 PM »
hi ... the problem for me is that i was going to install  windows 7 but after upgrading my files it paused  maybe of some incorrpourt file ( they is no bugs in my laptop) there is also tons of files but i knew ... all the time in the world ain't gonna fix it... so i manually customized it using advanced methods.. it basically done the same thing just not upgrade any files but it still copyed them and put them in a folder called windows.old. however now it has seperated old windows programs from the new ones. i have clicked on these programs but after once opening them each folder then comes up with an error message. some go on about side by configuration is incorrect. and some say abou a win32 app. others want you to connect extension files (broken files) but still ends up in one of the error messages. like one goes on about dvd.pharse and i try to connect it but then it says reinstall the program.  i don't wanna do that incase i may have to buy it again.  some work perfect like frostwire and cheat engine but when dragged most of them to the desktop after reboot they not they and back in the usual place. puttin them in a new folder will be classed as moved and again typical error messages...  any ideas. ??? do i delete the old folder  or get rid of some files reinstall them... does the whole of windows needs to be put it again despite the one time activation and product keys.... ( meaning buy a dif version of windows ,another one or get new Lincense ,serial number or and product key )  and what's the different between product keys and activation keys too.... usually you just put in a product key but installing win 7 it goes on about an activation key too.  i know one you have to activate but there is one all numbers and one a mix of both.... anyway mainally what's the answer to the problem

Kurtiskain

Mentor

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: windows old problems
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 04:14:30 AM »
Windows is not a "one time activation" OS. It IS however a one PC OS. Once you install it onto that hardware, the activation key is generated depending on yout hardware itself, so backup your files to an external source, and perform a clean install.