Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: System File Checker Is Only 98% Complete When Done??? Where's 100%???  (Read 4247 times)

montecarlo1987

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Hello. I have a question I hope you can answer. I need to know why and how I can fix when I get the message when I run System File Checker in CMD (When run as a System Administrator.):

Verification 98% complete.
    Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

Yes, it stops at 98% complete and basically says everything is okay, but this scan is not complete. How come it does not complete to the *full 100%*??? I need to know why this is happening and what I can do to get a *full 100%* scan complete from now on? Please reply. I am using Windows 7 Professional.

Please reply.

Thank you!

Salmon Trout

Re: System File Checker Is Only 98% Complete When Done??? Where's 100%???
    « Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 01:48:47 AM »
    While I was Googling for the answer I found you have asked this on at least 3 forums.

Which mode are you running SFC in?

Code: [Select]
    SFC [/SCANNOW] [/VERIFYONLY] [/SCANFILE=<file>] [/VERIFYFILE=<file>]
        [/OFFWINDIR=<offline windows directory> /OFFBOOTDIR=<offline boot directory>]

/SCANNOW        Scans integrity of all protected system files and repairs files with
                    problems when possible.
    /VERIFYONLY     Scans integrity of all protected system files. No repair operation is
                    performed.
    /SCANFILE       Scans integrity of the referenced file, repairs file if problems are
                    identified. Specify full path <file>
    /VERIFYFILE     Verifies the integrity of the file with full path <file>.  No repair
                    operation is performed.
    /OFFBOOTDIR     For offline repair specify the location of the offline boot directory
    /OFFWINDIR      For offline repair specify the location of the offline windows directory

montecarlo1987

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 03:01:06 AM »
      Hello. I am running this in CMD (Command Prompt with System Administrator privileges).

I just do not understand because in the past it always completed at 100% regardless of the results.

Hmmm...

Yes, I am on more than one forum since I can achieve a greater think tank for possible solutions for this issue. When I Googled it, I got squat for true answers.

Any suggestions???

Please reply.

Thanks!

Salmon Trout

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 03:41:59 AM »
      Why are you running sfc? Is it because you suspect something is wrong? If you suspect malware you should post in the correct section, where selected skilled forum members can advise.

You could examine your Logs\CBS\CBS.log file for lines containing [SR] and also "cannot repair" to see if any files are giving trouble

Code: [Select]
      type %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log | find "[SR]" | find "Cannot repair">sfc-problems.txt