Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Black Screen / No Signal [non-video]  (Read 2449 times)

Xog

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Black Screen / No Signal [non-video]
    « on: January 08, 2011, 10:47:55 PM »
    Hi everyone,

My computer is in dire need of surgery here. Upon turning on my computer a few weeks ago, my monitor displayed a NO SIGNAL message. My computer was up and running. Everything's on - fans, PSU, video card, and hard drive. I get no boot messages, nothing. I've reset my CMOS and I've lent the video card to my assistant manager to see if it works on his computer (and it does, it works fine he says). I've tried disconnecting everything that isn't required to boot up, and I've tried reseating my RAM sticks. Nothing is working and I don't know what the problem is. Is there anything that you guys can please suggest to help me out? I really don't feel like paying someone $100 or more just to put my hardware into another system to find out which one is broken.

And, before it's asked, my motherboard doesn't have on-board video. And I don't have any other video cards that fit my slot.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    Re: Black Screen / No Signal [non-video]
    « Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 12:23:58 AM »
    I've lent the video card to my assistant manager to see if it works on his computer (and it does, it works fine he says).

You should check on that personally to make sure. Being installed in the mobo with its corresponding drivers, compatible and recognized on his machine. If all or most parts of your computer matches his computer, make it worth it. The last time I had check on the same issue after a thorough testing/swapping/replacing, the mobo was the culprit. But then again it was in that particular machine. Critical parts here are the Mobo, Video card, RAM and PSU.

Xog

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 08:35:40 PM »
      I've had my computer for a little over a year now, never had any issues before now. And he texted me the picture of it working, so I know he's not lying to me. He's a good friend anyhow, don't see why he wouldn't.

And this happened one day after installing Win7 64bit.
      (The hardware I have is 64-bit compatible)

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
      « Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 11:55:06 PM »
      And this happened one day after installing Win7 64bit.
      Re-installing or upgarding? Did you loose signal moments right after installation of OS/drivers? Were there any splash screen or any added/replaced hardware before or during the installation? How about checking it on another monitor?

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      « Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 05:04:55 AM »
      Are there 64bit drivers for Win7 for that specific card ? ?
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "