Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Scanning double sided images to one file.  (Read 10639 times)

Ang

Scanning double sided images to one file.
« on: January 10, 2011, 09:58:28 AM »
Does anyone know of any scanning software where you can scan double sided documents which then puts the two scanned images into one PDF file?
The only software I can find you have to press stop and start again, so that each forms images save to their own file.

I have a lot of double sided forms to scan and I need the software to automatically save front and back images to one file continously, hopefully without it being really time consuming stopping and starting the programme all the time.

Cheers for any help.

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Scanning double sided images to one file.
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 03:29:47 PM »
We had a office digital copier/scanner that came bundled with an product from Adobe that did this. It allowed for a stack of documents to be passed directly into PDF files double sided. I will dig through Adobe's website and see if I can find the name of the software. This software might be able to run manually on a device that doesnt support double sided to blend two scans into a single double sided pdf.

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 05:42:04 PM »
http://www.mab.uscourts.gov/pdfdocuments/convert_scan.pdf This shows Abobe Acrobat Pro being used to create double sided pdf, and steps involved.

*Page 3 talks about selecting double sided.

Ang

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 06:47:19 AM »
Thank you Dave for the info, I will check out the software you recommend.
Alternatively I could save all the documents as Tiff files (smaller file sizes than PDF), but I specifically need every two pages (both sides of the same form) to save into one file automatically every time.  I don't suppose you ever had to work with anything that saved as Tiff files as well in this way?

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 07:29:19 AM »
Swift PDF might be a fairly good solution for you.

Bromide

Beginner

• Experience: Familiar
    « Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 09:57:11 AM »
    You might not want to invest in new hardware, but if you will be converting 2-sided paper to PDF on a regular basis, consider a self feeding duplex scanner. I have a Fujitsu S300 [similar to S1300].

http://www.fujitsu.com/us/services/computing/peripherals/scanners/scansnap/   

There are several other brands available.

It quickly converts all my bank statements and other important papers to PDF and even runs OCR on them to allow search and copy/paste of text. It includes software for inserting and deleting pages from documents. $250 is a lot, but I’m glad I got it.

Unfortunately, it is not TWAIN compatible, so you can't use it with any common scanning software.