Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Acer TM 291LMi display for desktop PC  (Read 1766 times)

Jelissei

Acer TM 291LMi display for desktop PC
« on: January 11, 2011, 01:53:35 PM »
Good evening  :)

via google I found your faqs about my issue. Itīs stating that it is indeed possible to connect a lcd display to a desktop computer. I was wondering if there is someone on this forum who can help me, point me in the right direction or something.

My Situation:
the Acer Travelmate 291LMi was always a good laptop to have. At one point though a problem occurred. The display started to flicker. I found out that this was a common problem with the laptop. Somewhere on the circuit board the connection to the display has a loose contact. So, when I warmed up the laptop, I could actually use it for quiet another while. When it completly broke down (with bluescreens and all), I bought a desktop PC together with a LG L227WT. Now I want to reuse the old Acer display as a second monitor.
I searched the internet a bit and found out, that it will problably be more complicated than I anticipated.

The Connector is a SXGA 30pol. (p/n DC025070400)  --> large picture (scroll down)

There are 7 cables (as far as I can see) going to the connector.
- 1 green
- 1 yellow
- 1 orange
- 2 brown
- 2 black

Then there is another bundle of tiny red (4) and blue (19, I guess) cables attached to each other also going to the connector.

Can someone make sense out of this? All of the cables seem to small to carry the power for the display (thatīs what an electronic store guy said).
The only other cable going out of the display is supposed to be the W-LAN antenna. A black and a white cable ending in two metal plugs.
I would rather make a dvi-adapter, but vga is alright as well, if itīd be way easier.

I really hope some can help me, since its size is perfect for my desk. Plus, I really want to try to figure this out.

greetings,
Jelissei
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 02:13:05 PM by Jelissei »