Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Check File System On C: Message On Bootup  (Read 3416 times)

corndale

Topic Starter

Beginner
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    Check File System On C: Message On Bootup
    « on: August 10, 2005, 11:53:41 PM »
    Everytime I bootup, I get the "Checking file system on C:" message.  It states, "One of your disks needs to be checked for consistency."  I have both allowed the check to proceed, and have hit a key to bypass the check.  Either way, my computer functions normally after bootup.

This problem began after I reformatted my HD and reinstalled WinXP Home, which I have done many times before.  I have and 80G master IDE HD and a 20G secondary IDE HD, with plenty of free space on both drives, PIII 1.2G processor, and 512mb.  The file system is stored on the master drive.  Ironically, when I reformatted this time, the master drive was assigned the letter "F" and the secondary drive was assigned the letter "C".  Maybe this happened because, for the most part, I allowed the reformat and reinstallation procedure to proceed without much oversight, since I have done this many times before.

My suspicion is that, since the file system is not on C:, Windows initiates the disk check at bootup.  Whether or not that is true, how can I eliminate this disk check?

forem

Re: Check File System On C: Message On Bootup
    « Reply #1 on: August 11, 2005, 09:42:27 AM »
    I have seen a question like this before. Have a look here
    http://www.cyberspacesupport.com

good luck

merlin_2

Re: Check File System On C: Message On Bootup
    « Reply #2 on: August 11, 2005, 03:04:54 PM »
    Allow chdisk to do it job!