Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: No Video - Compaq nw8000 Laptop  (Read 2173 times)

RPAC

No Video - Compaq nw8000 Laptop
« on: January 15, 2011, 04:38:09 PM »
Compaq nw 8000 laptop with a Pentium M processor.  Video stopped working after traveling with laptop in back of car.  I try to boot up the laptop and the green light with the cd disc symbol comes on.  Shortly after, the orange light with the lightning (power) symbol comes on.  The green light then goes out followed by the orange, nothing.  The fan does come on through this whole process.  The computer sat for about 4 months.  I just took it out again to do some troubleshooting.  It booted up normally.  I then moved my hand to log in and bumped the side of the laptop.  Immediately, the video went out and the fan kept running.  I turned it off and tried to boot it up again and I am back to the same thing, green light then orange light, then they both go off and the fan stops.  No video or sound (beeps) the whole time.  Tried reseating the RAM and booting up with just one RAM chip in and it didn't make a difference.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: No Video - Compaq nw8000 Laptop
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 10:48:13 PM »
As you may know that Laptops are sensitive and should be handled accordingly with care either being used or not, in maintaining software or hardware. The usual No Video issue might have come from the troubleshooting methods done so make sure everything is properly seated from slots,wires,cables and no components are failing or busted. If no Video still occurs, press power button for 5 to 10 seconds for a better shutdown. You can also remove battery pack and direct connect power adapter and replace old CMOS battery.