Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Cannot open JPG file  (Read 2623 times)

tennistm

Cannot open JPG file
« on: January 16, 2011, 04:39:27 PM »
When I receive a photo attachment via outlook express, sometimes it will appear in the window pane and sometime not. However, whenever I try to open the JPG file it show there is no program to associate it with. How can I open and read a JPG file???

Thanks for any help,
Tim

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Cannot open JPG file
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 04:41:09 PM »
Right-click on the file - open with - choose the program and put a tick in "always use this program for this file type".

Becka

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 11:10:08 PM »
    I tried right cliclkng on the red x where the picture is but I don't get that option.  Now what. 

TulsaRose

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 04:00:31 AM »
    You have to set a "file association" in order to view the image.  Go to the Control Panel and open Folder Options.  Select the File Types tab and scroll down to \ highlight "JPG" and it should describe which program is set on your machine to open the .jpg files.  Mine is set to Irfanview but you can put in the program of your choice.  Click on the Change button to view recommended programs that are already on your computer.