Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: failing computer :(  (Read 2554 times)

lml369

Topic Starter

• Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
failing computer :(
« on: January 17, 2011, 07:38:12 PM »
Hi im new to all this but i have a hp pavillion dv2700 laptop anyways the thing crashed on me a few months ago, my family moved here and there and i kind of lost track of it. only recently did i get the laptop up and running (kind of) ive done all that i can finding info online etc etc so far what i have figured out is that my computer says that my hard drive is ok my battery is going out and im in the process of ordering a new one. Ive used my antivirus plus a couple of other programs to check my computer for viruses all of which tell me that my computer is clean. my laptop also overheats (also in the process of ordering a cooling fan) the computer still randomly shuts down on me and has trouble starting up. some of the things that have occured on shutdown : screen turns a yellowish color then goes black and i have to shut it down, blue screen comes up saying "hardware failure" or something along those lines. or it has just randomly shut down. the startup problems mostly include screen comes on but never changes from black and I have to hit ctrl alt delete a few times, or just absolutely nothing will happen. also the computer will rarely be able to start up after hibernate or sleep. computer speed is good anyway i thought I would put all of my computers symptoms etc on here and see if someone could help me out. Do I really have a bad hard drive, virus or something like that? Is it because of the overheating or the bad battery? Are there any other things I can do to figure out my problem? etc etc anyways let me know and you may have to explain some things in depth. Im still really learning about computers so bear with me :)

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: failing computer :(
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 08:38:11 PM »
Overheating can damage everything from the mobo to its components. So the longer the problem is not resolved the higher the damaged it gets. A lot of information have been posted on CH forum pertaining to what specific problems you are encountering. You could analyze,relate or troubleshoot by typing on the search bar for the topic results. You could also scroll on the Hardware section for a direct reference. If you have a unique problem other than previous threads posted, please continue it here after searching or post the latest status of your machine.