Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help computer does not install From DVD  (Read 2052 times)

sakis

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Help computer does not install From DVD
    « on: January 18, 2011, 03:52:40 AM »
    Hi to all of you, I am new here and I need help to fix my computer. I have 2 computers computer No 1 is HP E6400 OS Vista this one works fine. Now computer No2 is an ASUS motherboard P5LD2 with 3GHZ Dual core CPU and 4 gb of ram video card  Radeon X1600 540mb, Hard drive WD 250Gb Computer No 2 has the following problem I formatted my hard drive to start a new installation. So I inserted my Window 7 installation Disk into my DVD drive. The installation starts and I can see window 7 files are loading but then it stops and shuts down This is what I did
    I removed my memory sticks and installed them to my computer No 1 Vista and run test memory No problem with memory I did the same with my Hard drive passed the same with my video Card passed the same with my DVD passed  all my hard ware from computer No 2 passed the test Now I installed my hard drive to computer No 1 Vista and I installed windows 7 on my hard drive worked fine so I removed this drive and installed it to my computer No2 it works fine The only problem is when I want to install New programs it does not allow me  the computer starts installation and then shuts down I installed a blank DVD to see if it will shut down but it did not Now I think that my motherboard Asus I not working right Or it could be my CPU? Can some one tell me what I have to do to repair this problem. I thank you all.
    « Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 04:31:01 AM by sakis »

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    Re: Help computer does not install From DVD
    « Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 04:36:44 AM »
    Try swapping or using another DVD ROM/RW drive. If mobo came with an onboard video card, try formatting without the added video card. Re check also for any power option settings under BIOS. Or try using the same or higher Power supply for your Asus mobo.

sakis

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 01:24:20 PM »
      Jason you are right man i would like to thank you a million time, i changed my power supply and it works just fine thank you all for helping me  :D

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
      « Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 11:03:58 PM »
      Thanks for posting back and sharing us the solution. :)