Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Root certificate installation  (Read 4519 times)

tobe86

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Root certificate installation
    « on: January 19, 2011, 08:43:28 AM »
    Hello!

I got some problem installing a root certificate in Vista. What I did so far: using the management cosole I imported the certificate on the local machine. After that it says "successful" but doesn't warn me and show the certificate's fingerprint. After the "successful" import I can see the certificate in the list. But IE still can't access it.

This idea didn't help: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932156/

I appreciate your support!

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Root certificate installation
    « Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 09:36:30 AM »
    Have you found the quote below eds not apply to you? Or it did not solve  the problem?
    This problem occurs if you do not have Read permissions for the following registry subkey:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\Root\ProtectedRoots
    This problem occurs if the following conditions are true:

* You used an unattended setup process to install Windows Vista.
        * The unattended answer file (Autounattend.xml) includes the following tag:
          <CopyProfile>true</CopyProfile>
        * The operating system image was resealed by using the sysprep generalize command.

In this scenario, the user who runs the Out Of Box Experience (OOBE) Wizard is not assigned Read permissions for the ProtectedRoots registry key. Instead, the Administrator account is assigned Read permissions for this key. However, the certificate information that is displayed in Internet Explorer 7 or in Certificate Manager is stored in the ProtectedRoots registry key. Therefore, the user who is currently logged on to the computer cannot view the certificate information.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942543/

tobe86

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      Re: Root certificate installation
      « Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 07:42:01 PM »
      It didn't work for me. I tried, but didn't help.

As I do not get a warning when importing the certificate (just the "successful" note), I think the problem is to be found at this point.

Appreciate your help!