Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Easiest programming language  (Read 12989 times)

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Easiest programming language
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2011, 09:29:34 AM »
If you are talking about a program you could learn easily including the syntax and how it works, you could try C or C++.  Some languages like python, would be easy to pick up but this is for advance programmers who already know how to formulate logic. 

None of that makes sense. C and C++ have the most complicated syntax and grammar of most programming languages (to the point where C++ is often poked fun at for this very reason). "formulating logic" is something somebody will have to know how to do to even start programming. It's not something only "advanced programmers" would know, and it's no easier to learn how to "formulate logic" with C/C++ then it is with python. Harder, I would guess, given the extra hoops you have to jump through to do anything useful a lot of the time.

C is good because unlike java, which is an object oriented language, it functions as a whole block.
That also makes no sense. How does C "function as a whole block" and how does it's not having any Object Oriented constructs whatsoever (aside from the programmer being able to create their own virtual method tables in a struct) make it advantageous? There is no doubt that often the additional overhead of having to encapsulate objects in classes and objects can be burdensome for programs designed for simple tasks, but to push it's complete absence as an advantage is ridiculous, especially since such an advantage is completely subjective.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2011, 10:39:43 AM »
BC, I would not add or take waway anything you say.
I wish to observe that thenOP has not yet replied. Perhaps he wants a simple quick answer that would require little effort and time.
Here is an internet quote about how there is a collective wishbone for 'learn how to program quickly.'

Teach Yourself Programming in Ten Years
Peter Norvig

Why is everyone in such a rush?
Walk into any bookstore, and you'll see how to Teach Yourself Java in 7 Days alongside endless variations offering to teach Visual Basic, Windows, the Internet, and so on in a few days or hours. I did the following power search at Amazon.com:

pubdate: after 1992 and title: days and
      (title: learn or title: teach yourself)

and got back 248 hits. The first 78 were computer books (number 79 was Learn Bengali in 30 days). I replaced "days" with "hours" and got remarkably similar results: 253 more books, with 77 computer books followed by Teach Yourself Grammar and Style in 24 Hours at number 78. Out of the top 200 total, 96% were computer books.
http://norvig.com/21-days.html

foxhound

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2011, 09:00:35 PM »
I really picked up programming from Windows Batch. After I got tired of making scripts to automate some stuff with my computer, I tried PHP and never looked back. The future is on the web. There's more demand for back-end developers so if  web developement is something you're looking to do at a career level, I would start with HTML/CSS/JS and slowly go to the server side languages with PHP as a starting point and then going on to ASP.NET, Python,  etc..

imransindhu

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2011, 12:55:39 PM »
how i can learn c++ in easy way

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2011, 04:07:08 PM »
See my post #16. It is always easy if you allow ten years.

2x3i5x

Expert
  • Experience: Familiar
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2011, 01:20:11 PM »

read the tutorial from cplusplus.com thoroughly and practice a minimum of 10,000 hours.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2011, 01:44:44 PM »
read the tutorial from cplusplus.com thoroughly and practice a minimum of 10,000 hours.
With no disrespect, 2x3i5x,
The OP seems to be bright and attentive.
I wood say he can do well in -
just 9,600 hours of -
constant daily practice on C++.

After all, it is not too hard. :P

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2011, 01:57:43 PM »
C++ isn't difficult, but it has a lot of complicated rules to learn such as Koenig lookup, SFINAE, RAII, exception safety etc. It is also extremely flexible, allowing such things as template meta-programming, and the main confusion is that when you use C, or C++, you are really working in two languages; the language the preprocessor understands and the language the compiler understands. Either way you only pay for what you use, but when there is so much you can use, it takes a lot if you want to learn it all.

But there is never a good reason to "learn it all". Learn only what is applicable to your current need for C++, because if you go gallavanting around learning about template classes when you don't need them, you'll just end up re-learning them when you do.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2011, 02:29:53 PM »
But there is never a good reason to "learn it all". Learn only what is applicable to your current need...

Good idea even out of context.  :)

LovingTheBatchofCookies

Starter

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2011, 03:49:22 AM »
    I'm not much of a programmer but I did program in 8086 assembly and later BASIC and have kept up with DOS through Win98SE .. and then only run XP and Vista without digging deep into them. (I mod the registry is about a far as I go) ..

It depends on what you want to do with programming. If it's simply the exercise of learning something in computer language, I really suggest that you go back as far as you can and look over all of the programming 'languages' of which assembly is one and C++ is one of the latest.

Every 'thing' has a programming language including genetics, x-y machine shop machines, your automobile, and nearly any thing you can think of.

So when you ask which is 'easiest' it depends what you plan to do with it.
    I do believe that no matter which language you choose you'll be miles and years ahead when you take the time to study the history of all languages.

You can limit yourself to those, languages, that are in line with the one you
    focus on and over time branch out to those which had support roles for
    the one you focus on.  They all had something to contribute.

The reason to look at them all is because no language is perfect.  You'll
    find that other languages have benefits to them which the one you
    use lacks.  This won't mean you can combine them but it will mean
    that when you see the limitations you'll be better prepared to set
    a course when you get down to actually using your chosen language.

Even in English I've learned that it pays, my thinking, to know what
    words mean in other languages.  Most of English came from French, or
    Greek, a bit from Latin.  Knowing where from and why an English word
    was created makes me that much better at using it. 

Check out your aptitude and if it's languages then 'any' languages will
    be of interest to your brain.  Stop feeding it and your brain will atrophy.
    Feed your brain and you can feed everyone else's brain.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    « Reply #25 on: April 28, 2011, 11:39:26 AM »
    LovingTheBatchofCookies,
    I like your post.  :)