Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Device Mananger error codes for PB Club 2460  (Read 2482 times)

Raptor

Device Mananger error codes for PB Club 2460
« on: August 11, 2005, 08:07:41 PM »
I have three exclamanation points in my Device Manager that I do not understand. Could someone help me find out what must be corrected and how?

It concerns a Club 2460 Packard Bell with Windows 98SE (User installation, not factory default)

(These items are translated)

[*] Systemcardexpansion for P and P BIOS (Code 15)
    [*]PCI Card (code 28)
    [*]USB Hoot Rub (Has been disabeled due to some sort of request being denied)
    [/list]

The first, I do not understand.

The second; there is only a Network card which functions properly and was auto-detected/installer. There is a low-profile (?) modem which I have installed drivers for. (The only drivers available on the PB website for this computer). It is not PCI, it has a very small slot which is unknown to me.

The two USB connectors both seem to function, as they detect my USB Travelstar and tell me new hardware has been found. I have not tried to transfer any data, as I would first need to install drivers.
    « Last Edit: August 11, 2005, 08:17:35 PM by Raptor »

uisquebeathus

Re: Device Mananger error codes for PB Club 2460
    « Reply #1 on: August 12, 2005, 09:40:01 AM »
    check your settings in system,device manager, hardware  , usb root hub power control is usually set to switch off if no actions detected, un tick the box to stop the compuer switching it off

Raptor

Re: Device Mananger error codes for PB Club 2460
    « Reply #2 on: August 12, 2005, 11:10:18 AM »
    check your settings in system,device manager, hardware  , usb root hub power control is usually set to switch off if no actions detected, un tick the box to stop the compuer switching it off

I just noticed that part of the USB controller is detected and functioning (I reformated) even though I did not install the drivers.

and the other part is detected, but not installed. could this be because mainboard has the capability to house two more USB connectors but does not have them installed? (I can not open the case to verify this as it is jammed shut)

Even after reformating, the P and P BIOS entry is still showing the same error. The PCI Card is there again as well.