Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: new monitor screen issue  (Read 2026 times)

goombapatrol

new monitor screen issue
« on: January 24, 2011, 09:54:32 PM »
i just purchased a monitor (Dell P2411H 24" 1920 x 1080) and noticed that there was a section of streaks that were on the monitor.
upon noticing this, i tried cleaning off the screen, but realized that it wasn't on the surface (but internal). these streaks are visible whether the monitor is off or on, computer on or off.

after calling technical support, they suggested i unplug and replug all of the cables. when i followed their instructions, the streaks disappeared from the previous location and moved to another section of the monitor.
today, Dell sent us a brand new monitor after we complained. this monitor seems to have the same exact issue.

has anybody else seen this before? any suggestions?
(sorry if i made a multiple thread; the post wasn't going through)

picture of this issue.

joe3fl

Rookie

• Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: new monitor screen issue
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 12:48:42 PM »
I had this with a different monitor. Often it is caused by video drivers combined with the type of connection. HDMI connections tend to do it more often. Also running multiple monitors on some video cards can cause it if you have two different size monitors/ two different resolutions. Try using DVI if you are using HDMI and using a different driver version. My video card requires an older driver to run my monitors the way I want.

If this doesn't help, post PC specs (video card is most important but all specs help).

truenorth

Guru

Re: new monitor screen issue
    « Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 12:56:18 PM »
    To me this reflects a manufacturing defect in the monitor given this statement by the O/P "whether the monitor is off ". I cannot envisage a situation where ANY KIND of cable connection could be at the root of a problem where the monitor is OFF. Return this one also until they provide you with one that works properly. truenorth