Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: mouse and keyboard delay during gaming PLEASE HELP  (Read 2943 times)

dutch.koen

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    mouse and keyboard delay during gaming PLEASE HELP
    « on: January 26, 2011, 01:00:28 PM »
    Hi all,

i have a very annoying problem with my mouse and keyboard: i bought the game 'far cry 2'. but when in-game, my mouse and keyboard react very slow. if i press, for instance, the W button to walk forward, the game reacts like 1 second after i pressed the W button. my keyboard and mouse are connected via USB connection. this is what i tried to solve the problem:

- i updated the graphic card driver
    - i made sure the V-Sync function is disabled. (both in the Catalist Control Center and in the game, i disabled this function)
    - i made sure the function in my configuration window: improve the precision of the mouse, is disabled.
    - i tried to use an other USB portal to connect my keyboard and mouse

these are my PC specs:

- computer: HP g5245nl
    - operating system: Windows 7 (64 bit)
    - processor: AMD Athlon ii X4 635 (2.9 Ghz quad core)
    - graphic card: ATI Radeon HD 5450
    - i don't know which motherboard i have (if you need to know that, please tell me how i can find it without opening my computer)
    - 4 GB of RAM
    - 1 TB of hdd

like you can see, my computer should handle far cry 2 easily. but even on the lowest settings, i have the problem, although it is like 0.5 seconds delay then. other games i play (without any problems what so ever) are:
    Call Of Duty 4, counter strike: source, MotorM4X offroad Extreme and Call Of Duty 2. of course these are not as demanding games as Far Cry 2, but like i said, i have no problems with these games what so ever.

if you can help me, please try to explain to me what i should do. my computer is just 3 weeks old, so i don't want to do anything witch makes me lose my guarantee.

edit: i have this problem ONLY during gaming.

thanks, koen
    « Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 01:20:47 PM by dutch.koen »

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: mouse and keyboard delay during gaming PLEASE HELP
    « Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 06:23:30 PM »
    dutch.koen, CH is glad to have you.

Your problem just might be specific to the AND quad and that game.
    Have you already tried the AMD game forum?
    http://forums.amd.com/game/