Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: sharing excel worksheets  (Read 2338 times)

waterland

sharing excel worksheets
« on: January 27, 2011, 07:40:05 AM »
hi. please help. i have several worksheets in one file(they are sign-up sheets for future events for our scout troop). how could i have all the troop members be able to view the worksheets, mark their chosen event times and have it so that everyone can see what everyone else has marked on the sheets? we do not have a website. can i do this w/email? i have excel 2002. i do not speak 'computer'. i have not used forums before. do not know if this is the correct place for this question.  thank-you to anyone who can help. ???

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: sharing excel worksheets
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 09:36:59 AM »
You could do it via email but I think it might be difficult to manage.  You would need to decide how to do that.  Would you send the file to everyone at the same time and then consolidate the responses into one spreadsheet when you receive the replies?  Or, would you circulate one master file to one person at a time?  I imaging the latter approach might drag on too long.

Google Docs may be a better solution. One component of Google Docs is their online spreadsheet.  Another option is Google Calendar