Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer dies after POST  (Read 2172 times)

gypsie

Computer dies after POST
« on: January 28, 2011, 08:36:53 PM »
My Dell Inspiron 530S has just started to fail in the boot process. It passes through the POST process successfully and then dies. After a short period it will automatically try the boot process again. I will keep on doing this until the power cord is removed. This was happening about 6 months ago and I have replaced the mother board and power supply. The computer worked successfully until last night.

Today I have removed the video card to try the onboard card since its temperature was around 60 deg C, however this did not work.

At times the boot will complete and Windows 7 starts, however after 5 - 10 minutes it just turns off. I then have to wait for about 10 minutes before it will power on and then I have the same process of failing after POST. I noticed that the processor temperature was running around 42 deg C so I turned the A/C on. This brought the temp down but did not stop the sudden shut down.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Computer dies after POST
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 12:05:10 AM »