Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: FONV Wireless Xbox 360 problems  (Read 4300 times)

Accessless

Topic Starter

Adviser
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
FONV Wireless Xbox 360 problems
« on: January 24, 2011, 05:51:12 AM »
Just wondering if anyone here has any ideas on how to fix the bug with Fallout New Vegas that disconnects your wireless Xbox controller if you shoot an enemy. I've already got a thread going at gamespot (thought it to be more up their street) but I would be grateful to hear any tips from here as well.

http://uk.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=27561345&msg_id=327823960#327823960

samyboy445

• Experience: Beginner
Re: FONV Wireless Xbox 360 problems
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 09:35:27 AM »
i hate 360 because of ring of the death

Accessless

Topic Starter

Adviser
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: FONV Wireless Xbox 360 problems
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 03:24:17 PM »
I have the solution! As it turns out, the game works fine on Windows XP. This is because XP is still defaulted to use the 1.1 version of Xbox 360 Accessories (and drivers), where as Win7 (and I assume Vista) are set to use the 1.2 version. Guess what... the 1.2 version doesn't work properly.

So any gamers on Windows 7 with headaches about fallout NV and your wireless Xbox controllers don't despair. All you have to do is:

1) Uninstall & delete your current drivers for your controller (you will need to connect the controller to be able to remove it). Do not restart yet!
2) Uninstall Xbox 360 Accessories from Programs and Features in the control panel.
3a) Disable your Internet connection (so that Windows doesn't automatically re-install the version 1.2 drivers).
3b) Restart the computer.
4) Go to http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/download/download.aspx?category=gaming and download the software for Windows XP no matter what OS you have (obviously 64-bit for 64-bit users)
5) Install the software and connect your controller to install the old drivers.
6) Re-enable your internet connection, select do not update Xbox accessories, select "Remind me next week". (I've yet to find a fix for that).

Et voilą your controller now works properly.

[Why is 'Reinstall' correct where as 'Uninstall' is incorrect even though phonetically 'Reinstall' = "rain stall" & 'Uninstall' = "un install"?]

i hate 360 because of ring of the death

I don't have an Xbox 360, I just use the controllers.