Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: printer prints very slow and very small  (Read 2974 times)

dukeofac

Topic Starter

Rookie

printer prints very slow and very small
    « on: March 08, 2011, 08:17:46 AM »
    I have an hp 1410 all in one printer...It prints very small and very slow..any advice will be appreciated..
    Duke

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: printer prints very slow and very small
    « Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 09:02:00 AM »
    Has it always worked this way?  If not, when did it change?  Did you make any changes (hardware or software) to your system just before this started.  Is the print very small an very slow with all apps from which you might print? 

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 11:48:26 AM »
      Not knowing the actual print "speed" it is not possible to ascertain exactly what the "very slow" is related to. However both the speed and size are potentially affected by manual settings that you may have applied. For instance speed of print is very much a factor of the 'quality " setting you select. "Fine" quality will be much slower than the lowest quality setting of the print job. Also print size is a factor of the "font" size selection. Have you checked those  settings? truenorth

msd1835

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 08:43:38 AM »
        I have to agree with those before me, it is hard to tell without knowing what software your using and the manual print settings you are using.  I would check print properties within your word processor and make sure you don't have it set on High quality.  Most printers I've used also have a diagnostic tool, that will print a test to make sure alignment, colors, etc.. are printing correctly.  And it goes without saying make sure you have updated you printer drivers.