Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: really weird internet problems with iTunes and Frostwire etc  (Read 2487 times)

Attack!AustinAttack!

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    really weird internet problems with iTunes and Frostwire etc
    « on: March 02, 2011, 05:14:37 PM »
    okay so i finally after a couple months decided to start using my iPod again, so i updated itunesm and downloaded frostwire both from the genuine sites. i went in to start up frostwire and at the bottom is has a little connection meter for the frostwire servers, it always says starting connection, so i decided i would just handle the itunes first. so then i opened up itunes, which had worked perfectly less than 2 or 3 months ago, and it wouldnt connect to the itunes network when i tried to update my ipod touch 2G's OS from 2.1 to 4.2 and when i went to the "help" tab and ran the diagnostics everything passed except "secure link to itunes store" so when i clicked the "help" button to the right of it, it came up as "itunes help is unavailable because your computer is not connected to the internet" when it was because i was on youtube and facebook and they both refreshed fine. so i went and disabled my windows firewall and it didnt do anything. so i went and asked my mom if i could use her laptop to check and sure enough i could run frostwire with no problems and itunes worked fine. her laptop is a 2010 lonevo think pad i think running windows 7 profesional. my computer is a 2004 dell dimension 4600 running XP proffesional please help