Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Reregistration Problems In MS Office  (Read 2060 times)

amything

Reregistration Problems In MS Office
« on: February 11, 2011, 01:43:57 AM »
Hi, I just had to put a new motherboard in my PC and when I got it running again and ran an office 2007 product, I got a message saying that my hardware had changed and I had to re-register my copy of office. It popped up a screen that had a bunch of numbers on it so I selected go online.  Well I couldn't go online(and never have been able to).  So I dialed the number and got a computer voice that asked for my number. I gave it, and was told the account did not exist.  I have not found a way to tell someone at microsoft about this.  I have SP3 installed and they make a deal about dropping support for XP SP2 but still will not support mine.  It shouldn't matter anyhow.  I have $330 worth of their software installed and it is nonfunctional and they refuse to do anything about it.  Technically, there has never been any other office product installed on my PC, and I do not have the Activation Assistant in Add/Remove Programs.

Thanks for any help I might get.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Reregistration Problems In MS Office
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 06:36:21 AM »
Microsoft at 1-866-PCSAFETY (1-866-727-2338)
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "