Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Wierd Situation  (Read 3366 times)

Amats

Topic Starter

Intermediate
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    Wierd Situation
    « on: March 08, 2011, 06:05:03 PM »
    Processor-AMD Athlon 64 X2 DualCore 5600+
    MB-Asus M2N-E
    RAM-4gb
    GCard-Nvidia GeForce 8800GTS 512mb
    HD-250gb
    Windows 7 64bit
    About 2 weeks ago when I entered my password for my desktop the loading screen turned white and my desktop loaded with these generic gray toolbars and dialog boxes and instead of having colored backgrounds in dialog boxes they are white.  I checked around my system but couldnt find a problem.  Everything has been working so I havent messed with it.  I have had it with the white backgrounds so today I got into system restore to restore it to a pre/problem desktop but there was only one system restore point and it was only 4 days ago which really has me wondering what is going on.  Anyone have any Ideas? 

Amats

Topic Starter

Intermediate
      Re: Wierd Situation
      « Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 06:28:35 AM »
      I looked at another desktop on my computer and it was unaffected by whatever has been messing with my desktop and decided to make another desktop to use so I went to Manage Users and there was a desktop there that I had never seen before called "ASP.Net Machine Acct", they had even password protected it.  I assume it's someone hijacking space on my computer and causing these problems so I deleted all their files.  I dont know how they did it but that desktop never showed up on the startup screen but was visible on the manage users window.

Linux711

Mentor

• Yes
        • Programming Blog
      • Certifications: List
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 11:09:35 AM »
      My suspition is that someone DID NOT hack into your computer.

First of all, there are reasons why windows will revert back to the classic theme (it sounds like thats what your describing). Most often this happens because your graphics card is not good enough to handle the aero theme.

You also mentioned another user account called "ASP.Net Machine Acct". That account is created by .NET. I don't know why, but I do know that it is not a threat.
      YouTube

"Genius is persistence, not brain power." - Me

"Insomnia is just a byproduct of, "It can't be done"" - LaVolpe

Amats

Topic Starter

Intermediate
        « Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 06:52:51 PM »
        But what about system restore?  It should have had way more than 1 restore point.