Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Make a $1 Million...Just Kidding :-)  Need He  (Read 7058 times)

atristan

Make a $1 Million...Just Kidding :-)  Need He
« on: June 24, 2004, 09:43:09 PM »
I have a dual AMD system with a GB of RAM, 1 30 GB hard drive and another 80 GB hard drive.  I initially had server 2003 installed on the system and could not download the windows updates.  I went on like this for about 6 months and then the system started to reboot by itself.  I decided to format the hard drive (the 80 GB one) and reinstall Windows XP.  Upon initially starting the install process, the system goes through the hardware configuration and setup for XP and it gets to a certain point (a random point, nothing specific) and then it gets stuck in a reboot loop and I have to shut it down and let it sit for a while before this stops.  When I start the system back up, it goes through the same vicious cycle.  May I have a simple answer or might this be more in depth?  Thanks for your time.

Anthony

chade

Re: Make a $1 Million...Just Kidding :-)  Need He
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2004, 09:48:47 PM »
Most likely a hardware fault of some kind.  You could run a hardware tester to try and find the fault, or remove everything from your PC you don't need (including one of the hard drives) and try again - perhaps you'll remove the fault with the hardware.

Do you get any error message when it crashes (a blue screen of death perhaps?) or is it just a reboot?

When you say it 'gets stuck in a reboot loop' do you mean it tries to install hardware, fails and reboots, tries again, fails again and reboots or
that once it fails once it just keeps rebooting rapidly?