Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: random flashing on use of a program  (Read 1996 times)

mat123

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Experience: Familiar
random flashing on use of a program
« on: February 12, 2011, 03:16:09 AM »
i have a eVGA nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512 MB PCI-Express Video Card and when i run a java program that makes use of GL after a while my screen starts flashing then javaw.exe crashes then windows says the video card drivers recovered from a serious error then everything is normal what causes this.

-----ADDITIONAL SPECS----
cpu: AMD athlonII 255 3.1 ghz
ram: 2gb DDR2
PSU:350 watt

semicron

Greenhorn
    • Computer: Specs
    Re: random flashing on use of a program
    « Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 10:38:23 AM »
    Not sure if you still need help or not and Im somewhat new myself but have you thought about upgrading your Power supply. I checked online and its recommending that you should have a 400 watt powersupply minimum and you currently have a 350watt. 

Reading the Reviews for that card some ppl had the similar issue, and found that your graphics card was over heating for to low of a power source. Some people just dealt with and it eventually over heated and began burning the mother board ruining thier computer.

Also download your current graphic card drivers but don't re-install yet. Un-install flash and Java and then re-start your computer
    Install your graphics driver then re-install java and flash. Sometimes this can fix issues relating to flashing of the screen.

But seriously think about upgrading your powersupply.        www.newegg.com has some good parts at good prices

Hope this helps

mat123

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    Re: random flashing on use of a program
    « Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 04:01:19 PM »
    I don't think it's the psi because the bid card needs 20watts on the 12v line which mine gives and overheating is not a problem because my comp temp never goes past 60c and my problem has nothing todo with flash.