Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Disabling Outlook Express to use other mail progra  (Read 2575 times)

insp_frost

Disabling Outlook Express to use other mail progra
« on: August 14, 2005, 04:46:43 PM »
Can anyone advise how to disable Outlook Express as the default mail program.  I am using a different program called EasyMail.  The program works very well, but when I hit my e-mail hot key on the Logitech wireless keyboard, it always brings up OE.  
I have specified in my EasyMail software that it is the default mail program, but the only way it will work properly is if I double click the EasyMail icon.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
insp frost

pcdoc4christ

Re: Disabling Outlook Express to use other mail pr
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2005, 04:55:52 PM »
Frost:

Easy!  Use the Add/Remove Programs applet in Control Panel to uninstall Outlook:

In Windows XP:

1. Click Start > Control Panel
2. Click Switch to Classic View in the left pane.
3. Double-click the Add or Remove Programs applet in the right pane.
4. In Add or Remove Programs, click Add/Remove Windows Components in the left pane.
5. In the Windows Components Wizard, remove the checkmark from the Outlook Express checkbox and select Next.  
6. Follow the instructions to remove Outlook.  
7. Select Apply and OK to any dialog boxes that ask you to confirm the changes.

That should do it!
Doc

insp_frost

Re: Disabling Outlook Express to use other mail pr
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2005, 06:26:39 PM »
  :D   Thanks for the input Doc.  It did the trick.  Just in case anyone else has the same problem, and they are also using Logitech I Touch k/b, they will have to uninstall the I Touch software and then reinstall it after rebooting the computer.  They can then hit the e-mail hot key and it will take them to the new default mail program.

Mucho Gracias
insp frost :