Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Do shareware programs has better scan quality than printer one's ?  (Read 2594 times)

doer

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
     I have scanned a fragment of some newspaper which I'm going to upload online. Unfortunately, the quality of scanned output file is not that good in spite of the best possible scan settings. I used for this my printer Canon Pixma MG5220 with Canon MP Navigator EX software.
    My question is: do the other paid programs around (like DeskPDF) do the better scanning job ?

Salmon Trout

Re: Do shareware programs has better scan quality than printer one's ?
    « Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 11:03:18 AM »
    At the risk of stating the obvious, it's the scanner that does the scanning, the software plays little or no part in determining the image quality. What don't you like about the output file? Are we talking about an image file or an OCR'd document?

doer

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 11:23:45 AM »
        Right ! I should have been little more precised at this point. I want to scan this to PDF format.

What don't you like about the output file?

It's not clear enough and a little bit blurry. However, still readable.
      BTW: I'm very picky about image quality.

Salmon Trout

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 11:27:17 AM »
      You could try playing around with it in an image editing program - I have improved scanned book and magazine pages by applying a sharpening filter and also increasing contrast.