Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: New Found Hardware Wizard Window  (Read 2476 times)

Buzzy007

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
New Found Hardware Wizard Window
« on: February 23, 2011, 02:27:43 PM »
On a recently purchased home built computer (Frankenstein parts)  ASUS M-Board, Wind Xp, IE8, . . in a PCI slot in the back I added a Dual Monitor video card (this is the 3rd computer I have used this same card  in . . I run 3 monitors) and it has Always been Plug & Play.  Now,  when I boot up,  on my desktop I am left with a good size window that says NEW FOUND HARDWARE WIZARD  and asks me to install the Installation Disk so as to make it work properly.  I also get a balloon window down by the clock saying new hardware has been found which may have been installed improperly.  The NON-Problem is that everything works just Super-Keeno as it always has with previpus computers.  As far as I'm concerned , I have no system problems,  Soooooo,  how can I turn this Hardware Wizard Window OFF.  Feel free to ask  of any details I have omitted.  THX.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: New Found Hardware Wizard Window
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 12:58:16 PM »
Here is the general method of avoiding this annoyance.
You remove the card. (Power off, of course.)
You use the built in video card. Remove the driver, set it to just plain generic VGA.
Reboot in Safe mode, VGA.
Install the software for the PCI card.
Reboot and let Windows 'discover' that you have both a new card and the software.
You may have to reboot again to get it right.

There is no national explanation as to how this works. ;)