Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Unwanted Program?  (Read 2786 times)

DUBERRY

Topic Starter

Unwanted Program?
    « on: February 23, 2011, 10:48:42 AM »

Hi Everybody

On the lower right hand bottom of the desk top a window will pop up which says
    I have many viruses and to click here to remove all potentially dangerous programs found on your computer immediately. I clicked on the icon and it scanned the computer and said there were many viruses including naming a few.  Trojan-PSW BAT.Cunter., Trustwarrior ,Trojan-Spy.Win32.WPM . After the scan. it said click here to remove infected programs, and would you know you must buy the program which is called “Internet Security Systems”. So I closed it out and now a window continually opens up to buy the product. I do not want the program and do not know how I got it.

There is a icon on the Desk Top  and when I open “All Programs”   it is also  listed, so I go to ADD/ Remove it is not listed  I have recently installed the free Avast anti Virus program. I registered it  on line,. Also I guess I must have installed Adobe Air

Dopes anyone know how I can remove this from my computer???  It is driving me nuts

Thank you for your help

Caliban

Rookie

• CalibanComputer.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Unwanted Program?
    « Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 11:02:37 AM »
    Greetings, DUBERRY.

Looks like you've been hit by something called a "Rogue Antivirus", a form of malware named "scareware" that makes you believe you're infected so that you will purchase some product.

My advice would be to head over to the Virus and Spyware Removal forum: http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/board,53.0.html, see if those guys can get you straightened out.

Good luck!
    Constantly Sharpening Occam's Razor...

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Unwanted Program?
    « Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 11:09:44 AM »
    Please follow the instructions in the following link and post your logs in the thread you create (NOT in this thread):
    http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,46313.0.html